The École Nationale Supérieure des Arts de la Marionnette has been settled in new premises entirely designed for puppetry arts training since September 2017.
The building stands in the heart of Charleville-Mézières, in place of the Grand Magasin and the former Troussel store. It was bought by the Institute in the early 2000s and is recognisable by its Art Nouveau facade that has been preserved. In addition to the initial training, the Institute develops its activities in continuing education, hosting residencies, artistic and cultural education and research through the organisation of symposia and professional encounters.
The construction of the building was managed by the Communauté d’Agglomération Ardenne Métropole, under the supervision of the architectural firm Blond & Roux and funded by the Ministry of Culture, the Grand Est Region, the Ardennes Department, and the Communauté d’Agglomération Ardenne Métropole
Discover the building
- 1 reception area
- 1 theatre with 105 seats including 5 for the disabled
- 2 dressing rooms and a technical area
- 3 rehearsal studios (warm up, corporeal work)
- 1 studio arts room
- 1 model construction room
- 3 construction workshops: plaster and modelling, metal, and woodwork
- 1 hardware storage space
- 1 room with individual workspaces
- 1 classroom
- 1 music room
- 1 instrumentarium (exercise puppets)
- 1 multimedia rooms
- 1 sewing room
- 1 storage space for costumes
- 1 storage space for cultural heritage puppets
- 1 student common room.