The next ESNAM entrance by examination (14th ESNAM class, 2024-2027) will take place from 15 to 22 April 2024, with a start in September 2024.
Online registration (application form): from Monday 8 January 2024 at 9:00am to Monday 5 February 2024 at 5:00pm (Paris time, UTC +1).
An application guide is at your disposal to help you with this process.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLYING
- To be aged minimum18 and maximum 26 years on 30 June 2024.
- Baccalauréat or equivalent French or foreign qualification.
- At least one year of theatre experience and/or another artistic discipline (circus, dance, visual arts, etc.).
- Applicants of all nationalities are welcome, provided they have a reasonable level of expression in French (B1, European level).
Exceptions to the age and diploma limits may be considered by an internal committee based on a request letter submitted by the applicant together with the application form.
Phase 1: Review of the applications (short-listing)
At the end of the online application period (until 5 February 2024, 5:00pm), the school director will draw up a list of applicants selected for the auditions, after reviewing any requests for exemption, the applications and documents received.
- Eligibility or non-eligibility email will be sent in the week of 11 March 2024.
- Candidates selected for admission tests will then be notified by e-mail to attend the exam in Charleville-Mézières.
Phase 2: Auditions (preliminary rounds)
From Monday 15 to Wednesday 17 April 2024
Audition before the jury (20’).
Candidates are required to prepare:
- The interpretation of a scene from the French or foreign classical or contemporary repertoire (acting).
- The interpretation of a scene involving puppetry (free repertoire).
- A critical analysis of a show recently watched by the candidate.
Candidates will also be asked to do:
- A dramatic improvisation using materials, objects or puppets (provided by the school).
- A reading in French of a text (poem or prose) proposed by the jury.
- He/she will be asked about his/her personal motivations. He/she may present any document that might help to assess his/her artistic abilities.
At the end of the auditions, the candidates selected by the jury are invited to a probationary period.
Phase 3: probationary workshop and final exam
From Thursday 18 to Monday 22 April 2024
- Probationary workshop from Thursday 18 to Sunday 21 April 2024 (4 days)
- Final exam on Monday 22 April 2024: the candidate prepares and presents a 10-minute short performance in front of a jury, using materials provided.
At the end of the exam, the jury selects around fifteen candidates to form ESNAM’s 14th class (2024-2027). The list of candidates finally admitted will be displayed at the school and published on www.marionnette.com
the same day.
Tuesday 23 April 2024 (morning)
- Possible meeting with members of the jury for non-admitted candidates.
- 1st information meeting for admitted candidates.
ONLINE APPLICATION - OPENING ON 8 JANUARY 2024
Registration is required for the first round of the entrance examination.
Registration will take place exclusively online.
The link to the form will be available from 8 January 2024 9:00am until 5 February 2024 5:00pm (Paris time: UTC +1) on this page.
Below is the information allowing you to prepare the requested elements.
To register for the entrance examination, each candidate must:
- Ensure that he/she meets the conditions for applying (listed above).
- Complete the online form and provide the supporting documents in the formats requested (see below).
- Pay the 60€ application fee (non-refundable).
- Submit his/her application by 5:00pm on 5 February 2024 at the latest.
—-> Any problem?
Please contact us by phone at +33(0)3 24 33 72 50
on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays,
from 9:00am to 1:00pm and from 2:00pm to 5:00pm
or write to email@example.com
For specific requests relating to a particular situation or disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The online form includes
- Your contact details
- Your INE number (for French nationals)
- Details of your studies (excluding artistic studies: dates, diploma, school, city/country)
- Details of your artistic studies (dates, diploma/courses, school, teachers, city/country)
- Details of general and artistic career (dates, function, structure/organisation, city/country)
- Your reasons for coming to ESNAM
- Your expectations about ESNAM training and your specific needs
- Communication survey (how you heard about ESNAM)
List of supporting documents to be sent to email@example.com
Via the file transfer platform of your choice.
For example: Wetransfer, Google drive, Smash, Dropbox…
Accepted formats: pdf, png, jpeg / 2 MB maximum per file
- A passport photo (portrait)
- Valid passport or identity card (both sides)
- A curriculum vitae
- Proof of having passed the baccalauréat or an equivalent French or foreign qualification; foreign nationals should obtain proof of equivalence from a French consulate.
- For French citizens, an individual certificate of participation in the Defence and Citizenship Day (JDC).
- If concerned, a request letter for exemption to age limit or diploma.
- Any document showing your artistic abilities (photos, drawings, texts, videos, etc.).
For videos, please share links (URL address) in a document (Word file, for example) with a short presentation.
—-> If you need to send us original documents in addition to the digital version,
please send them to:
INSTITUT INTERNATIONAL DE LA MARIONNETTE
7 PLACE WINSTON CHURCHILL
- Examination entrance fee: 60€ (non-refundable) by bank transfer.
Please indicate droit-inscription-concours + your Surname and first name
on the transfer order.
IBAN: FR76 3000 4008 7100 0034 5287 783
As a reminder, your application and all the above-mentioned documents must be sent before 5:00pm on 5 February 2024 (Paris time: UTC +1).