Since its creation, the Institut International de la Marionnette has hosted or organized various key moments in research.
These include the following:
• 2019 : Hosting of the international colloquium “Fairground shows in Europe, identities and the spread of practices: music, theatre, dance, acrobatics and puppetry, 1660-1830” organized by the ANR CIRESFI project (ANR 14-CE31-0017) and the ICiMa chair (Cnac / IIM), with the support of the Agence Nationale de la Recherche, CERHIC (Université Reims Champagne-Ardenne), CETHEFI (Université de Nantes) and IReMus (CNRS, Paris). On March 19 and 20, 2019, in Reims and Charleville-Mézières. To find out more.
• 2014 : International colloquium “Puppets and Power: Censorship, Propaganda and Resistance (19th-20th centuries)”, bringing a close to the research cycle of the same name (2011-2018), organized by the Institut International de la Marionnette, with the support of the laboratory Passages XX-XXI (EA 4160, Université Lyon 2), in partnership with the Bibliothèque Nationale de France (National Library of France), the Gadagne museums, Clastic Theatre and THEMAA. To learn more
• 2012 : International colloquium “Über-marionettes and Mannequins: Craig, Kantor and their Contemporary Legacies”, from March 15 to 17 in Charleville-Mézières.
• 1997 : Meeting, from April 10 to 13, of the International Network of Research Sources on Puppetry, for pooling the cultural heritage of documentation centres, museums and libraries.
• 1995 : Meeting about the teaching of history and theory in the National Schools, presided over by Robert Abirached in Charleville-Mézières.
• 1992 : “Musiques en mouvement”, September 17-20, presided over by Georges Aperghis. Encounter between musical theatre, puppetry and lyrical theatre.
• RIDEM and RIDEA: International meetings of puppetry schools (1990; 1993; 2007); International meetings about artistic education (1996; 1999).
• 1989 : Meeting “The voice, the body and the puppet”, bringing together more than sixty teachers and lecturers in these two disciplines from puppetry and dramatic art schools from June 24 to 28.
• 1988 : 1st international meeting of theatre critics held in collaboration with the International Association of Theatre Critics during the Festival Mondial of Charleville-Mézières*.
Most of these events resulted in publications.